Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blessings!!

It's been a while since I posted because we have some good news... We are pregnant again! (For those of you who don't know this is our 3rd pregnancy and we are praying for a healthy baby this time!)


Friday October 24, 2008
I woke up at 5:30 a.m. and out of habit took an early response pregnancy test, not expecting anything. I had taken so many tests and received so many negatives before. Immediately, two light pink links started showing up. I waited and watched for 2 minutes. It seemed like forever. I thought maybe I was imaging the second line. I went in and woke up Mark saying you have to come see something in the bathroom. He was groggy, and I grab his hand taking him in there. I asked him what he saw. He said that there was definitely two lines. We embraced, and he said not to get too excited yet. He said let’s wait and take another one this afternoon when I got home from school.


I took a picture of the test on my digital camera and took it with me to Waco. I kept pulling it out and looking at the picture during the day. Each time I would get more and more excited and more sure that there were two lines. (Although, it doesn't show up on the camera very well)

When I got home I took more tests. They came back positive, completely positive. Then, I took a digital test and very quickly it read positive. When I took the first test, I put it on the counter and was waiting for the 3 minutes to pass, so I went to check the mail. The only thing in the mailbox was a parenting magazine and a note saying that I got a free subscription for a year. I just knew it was an omen. Sure enough, when I got back inside the test was positive.
I took a picture of all the tests lined up and sent them to Mark in an email because he was at work. He very quickly called me. We were both very excited!


The picture I emailed to Mark!


Me, very excited, can't wait to tell Mark!

I called the doctor on the morning of Monday, October 27, 2008 and they asked me to come went in. They believed that I was pregnant but were shocked that it showed up so early (3 weeks and 2 days after my last miscarriage). They took blood work to see how far along I was and if everything was going well.

I called the doctor several times Tuesday to find out the results. Then Wednesday morning they called me and said that my hormone levels were elevated and that I needed to come back that day to get some more blood work. They said they couldn’t confirm anything. Mark and I were very upset because we just wanted to hear “Congratulations! You’re pregnant and everything looks good.” We kept trying to figure out what the doctor meant by “elevated” hormone level: higher than normal women (thus pregnant with multiples or for longer than we thought) or higher than normal women (maybe I was pregnant, but not high enough yet to know). I went back late that afternoon for more blood work. When I got there the lab nurse told me that my levels were showing pregnancy but that they just wanted to do some more blood work to make sure the levels were doubling. I was excited to hear this news and once again had to wait for lab results.

Thursday afternoon the nurse called to tell me that everything looked good and the levels were doubling like they should. It was such a relief to hear this news. She made us an appointment for Monday afternoon to take more blood work and get a sonogram. They wanted to see the baby and to make sure the blood work showed the levels still doubling. We were so excited about getting to see the baby. We hope we will get a picture to take with us! Also, we were hoping to get a confirmed healthy pregnancy and due date.

1 comment:

Mark & Elizabeth said...

Mark & Beth,
Elizabeth and I are so happy for you two. We are praying for both of you and especially the health of your baby. We missed you at the wedding but we understand you guys have quite a bit going on right now!!! Hope you guys have a wonderful and safe holiday...Merry Christmas!!!

Blessings to you,
Mark & Elizabeth Mills