Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Week 13



Fingerprints have formed on our baby's tiny fingertips, the veins and organs are clearly visible through the still-thin skin, and the body is starting to catch up with the head — which makes up just a third of his/her body size now. Our baby is almost 3 inches LONG (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce. (Some people have commented on the pictures not making sense, but this picture doesn't show the baby as the size of a shrimp, but the length of a shrimp.)

I am still have bouts of throwing up continuously, but it alternates with a severe hunger. It is the strangest thing. Everyday I wake up and I feel like I am a little bigger! I officially have a baby bump! For Christmas I received maternity clothes and bellabands, which are lifesavers right now. I am still in my old jeans, I just can't button them and wear a bellaband over the top. Maternity tops or at least bigger tops are a definite necessity, now, thanks to my growing chest and now my growing baby bump too! I ceaned out my closet yesterday, packing up all my small clothes, and there isn't much left. But, I don't need too much I guess. I will post my first belly picture here after a bit.

Mark and I are going to Big Baylor in Dallas for a Nuchal Translucency Test on Friday. All it really is, is a high-tech ultrasound, where the doctor measures the fluid around the neck to test for a down-syndrome and other deffects. Mark and I pray everything goes well. We are really excited though because by the 13th week, the doctor can usually tell the sex of the baby. We hope that the baby is laying the correct way so we can see the sex.

No comments: