Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 18


Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and she should weigh almost 7 ounces (although Charlie is much bigger). She's busy flexing his arms and legs. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin, and her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from her head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born.

I am still having morning sickness, but trying really hard to eat. I am constantly hungry! I can feel her growing bigger because my back is starting to hurt when I sit for a while or when I lay on my right (but not my left) side. Here is an updated picture of the baby bump. (thanks to Mark for taking it!) I can't believe I am this big! Although, I am still quite small according to my doctors. Plus, I have a baby the size of a 20 week in there!

1 comment:

The Moore Family said...

You are getting so big! I can't wait to see you in person and touch that belly!