Monday, February 16, 2009

Week 20



Our baby should weigh about 10 1/2 ounces now, although we know that's what she weighed two weeks ago. She should be around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against her torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of her head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.)  She's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for her digestive system. 

Half-way
Yes, I am half-way! From now on I should gain at least 1 pound a week. This seems like a lot... 20 pounds more. I have been gaining the last few weeks and I am now only 2 pounds under what I started as.  Most women gain 25-30 pounds, so I might gain more than a pound a week. We will just have to see. 

Super Baby
Yes, our baby is already extraordinary. First, she is way bigger than she should be. Also, she is very active. We have told you of her habit of bouncing on her head during sonograms. Well, as of this week, she has decided to kick me every 10 minutes or so all day long. It is nice to know that she is healthy and enjoying her stay in the womb. Sometimes I just laugh because it is really funny and an amazing feeling. Also, Mark has been able to feel her kick when he puts his hand on my stomach. It is such an amazing experience to share with him!

Dr.'s Appointment
We had another appointment this morning with the OBGYN, Dr. Gunby. It went well. They measured my uterus, weighed me, took my blood pressure... all those fun things. They told me that I am healthy and the baby is very healthy. Also, Charlie scored the highest range again on her second Nuchal Translucency test, which means she is at the lowest risk for chromosomal disorders. We will be going in two weeks back to Dr. McGee for a sonogram to check the placenta. We are still praying that the placenta will move and correct itself. Until then I am still under strict orders to "take it easy."

Nursery
This weekend was so exciting. Beth's mom and dad brought the crib and mattress that they had ordered for Charlotte. We finished cleaning out the old guest room to transform it into the nursery. Then, we put together the crib. It is so exciting to walk into the room and see all baby stuff. And, I can just envision the nursery. Here is a picture of the crib...



Here is Mark getting ready to put the crib together.

The Bump
And, here is a picture from this weekend. I am getting bigger. Some random strangers can tell that I am pregnant, while most still have no clue. My back has been aching more, and I can still only sleep on my left side for whatever reason. But, I am ready to be visibly pregnant to all. 

No comments: