Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Week 28


***edited on 4/23 because I highly medicated when I first attempted this post

By this week, our baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels (although we know that she is weighing in a little bigger than this). She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through the womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Dr. Appt.
We had another doctor's appointment this week. At this appointment, we received the results of some tests I done in the past few weeks. The blood-glucose tolerance test came back within the normal range, which is good and means that my hypoglycemia is under control. However, some of my other blood work showed that I am anemic. I do have chronic anemia, so this just means that medications needed to be adjusted. The doctor also added a few supplements so I would have more energy. 

We also got to hear Charlotte's heartbeat. Her little heart beats so fast! 

We found out that I gained 6 lbs last month, which is within normal range, and means that our baby is just going through a growth spurt. This puts my total weight gain at 18 lbs, which is right where I should be according to my doctors. Although, I thought I was only suppose to gain 25 lbs total, I guess we will see.

Mark is worried about the due date because he has a moot-court competition June 26-28th. They took an alternate on the team in case I go into labor. The doctor told us that we are looking at a 10 day window on either side of the due date. I think most everyone is hoping for healthy June baby except Mark. But, I think the closer the date comes, the more Mark will hope for a June baby as well. 

Tired
I just have been wanting to sleep all the time lately. I basically sleep at any and every opportunity. The doctor says that the baby is growing a lot right now, and my body just needs more rest. And, the doctor said that once my medications get adjusted I probably will have a little more energy. 

No comments: