Saturday, August 23, 2008

10 Day Vacation

I (Beth) has 10 days of vacation between the end of Sumer Classes and the beginning of Fall classes. Sadly these days are almost over, but they have been fun. I have slept-in, cleaned the house, decorated, and watched the Olympics. I love the Olympics, and can remember watching all the sports growing up. I still get that same excitement watching them this year. The last Olympics I actually missed because I was working at Camp Ozark that summer and we didn’t have TV, computers, or phones.

I am so proud of myself for decorating because it takes a lot of decisions and I am a very indecisive person. I just had to jump out there and make the decision. Here are the pictures.


The kitchen was one of the first room done because I already had everything I needed for it.

This room took a while. Mark refinished the table for me this summer. Before it was a birth wood color. I made the curtains out of clearance fabric at the fabric store. Both of the iron decorative pieces came from hobby lobby on sale. And, then the tableware came from Pier1.

Mark enjoyed the glasses because they have chalkboard paint on them. He went ahead and wrote his name with the chalk on every glass.

This was my last purchase. I got it from Pier1. I looked and looked for something for this nook in our hallway between the kitchen and master suite. When I saw this vase I knew this was it. I was so glad to make this purchase because it meant I was done.

I will post some pictures of the living room and other rooms later.

No comments: