Tuesday, August 26, 2008

American Idol Tour

Today was my (Beth’s) first day of classes and yesterday was Mark’s. Last night Mark took me to the American Idol Tour, which shows how much he loves me. I have never really watched TV my whole life. Then, last season of American Idol I watched with some of the youth I was working with. It was the only show I really had ever watched. And, even then, I didn’t religiously watch it, but, I would say I followed it. Being that I live in Midlothian I have recently started watching TV. So, this season I was an avid follower of American Idol, for the first time I was a true fun of a TV show. It was also really interesting because I was in a class studying youth and popular media. My favorite all season was David Archuleta, although I did support several of the contestants. But, when he came in second I was kind of sad. So, Mark got me tickets to the concert (after I asked to go). Anyways, Mark was not very excited about going to the concert. The highlight of his night was meeting up with his friend from law school and his wife for dinner before the concert.

I was surprised by some of the contestants' live performances. Here is David Archuleta who was the best voice I thought, but kind of awkward rambling in between songs. Then, David Cook, who pretty much just ran around on stand yelling and thinking he was hott stuff. His music was good, but I did get tired of him. I bet I will enjoy his cd when it comes out.


No comments: