Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our 1st Anniversary

Our anniversary was wonderful. Mark and I had planned to go out to our favorite restaurant in Dallas. And, at work that day Mark’s boss gave us a big gift certificate to the restaurant because she new it was our favorite. I drove up to Dallas and picked Mark up from his job. We went to the restaurant and we both got lobster. It was amazing. Then when we got home I had secretly made a triple decker devil’s food cake with chocolate icing. I told Mark we had to eat our cake we had saved from the wedding. He was not very happy about it, because he thought it was gross to keep it. But, then I surprised him with the chocolate cake, and told him to just take one bite of the other. He had one bite and really like the wedding cake, it did taste so good. So we ate the old wedding cake and then grazed on the chocolate cake the next day. I am upset that we didn’t get a picture together for our anniversary. I am so bad at taking pictures! Here are two I did take...

The top of our wedding cake and the chocolate cake I made for Mark.

For our anniversary we got each other living room furniture. We got a coffee table, side table, and couch to match the rest of our furniture. This is our coffee table and some flower Mark gave me.

1 comment:

The Broaddus Family said...

hey beth! congrats on your one year! glad i can keep up with ya through your blog!