Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Week 25


Head to heels, our baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

Growing and Growing
I took this first picture in the middle of the last week. Look at how much I grew from then until today...

Week 25 picture... I am starting to buy my new warmer weather clothes in a size larger. I can't believe I am this big. I know I say that every week, but it is hard to see until you actually take a picture of yourself. 


No-ie
Mark and I have been calling my belly button a no-ie, because it isn't an innie anymore but it is not quite an outtie. Sorry if you think this picture is gross... I debated putting it up, but this is part of being pregnant.

Swelling
This week I started to notice that I am swelling. I notice that if I sit in a particular place for about an hour that my hands and feet start swelling and I can see my pulse in them. So, I just have to be sure to get up and take a walk when my rings start getting tight. I have been trying very hard at drinking lots and lots of fluid. Part of the reason I think I am swelling is because I am hot all the time. This is strange to me because I am used to be extra-sensitive to cold. 

Tums... a life-saver
So I am taking 4-8 Tums a day right now. And, it has changed my life. I haven't been sick and have been able to eat more. Speaking of eating, I am hungry all the time. I feel like I am probably gaining a lot of weight. I guess this is good because just a few weeks ago they were on me to gain weight. 

Watching Charlotte
Charlotte is still very active. I can feel her moving around all the time. It is so fun because I can see her moving around too. I spend time in class when I am bored or just before going to sleep at night watching her move. 

Wrap Around Her Finger
Mark is already wrapped around Charlie's little finger. The other night Mark put his head on my tummy and was talking to Charlotte. She always responds to her daddy's voice. But, this time, almost immediately, she kicked him in the face. He just laughed. Who else can get away with kicking Mark in the face? That's right Charlie is going to be able to get away with so much!

Childbirth Classes
Part of some of the information and to-do list I was given at my last Doctor's appointment, was to sign up for childbirth classes. The classes are held at Baylor Hospital in Dallas, where I will be giving birth. We signed up for Sunday classes because the week-night classes would be hard for Mark and I, since it is in Dallas. The classes are from 1:30-5:00pm on three Sundays, starting on April 19th. It was either this time or a June time slot which didn't end until June 28th. I was afraid that if Charlotte decided to come early we wouldn't have finish the classes in time. We are looking forward to taking this next step, because we know it means she will be here soon!

Our Baby Girl's Heartbeat
Here is the recording of our baby girl's heartbeat. The first few seconds are a little hard to hear, but then you can hear a nice strong heartbeat. 


1 comment:

mark and elizabeth said...

Hey Beth! I just came across your blog and I'm so excited to read it as you become a new mommy!!!! congrats by the way. Hope yall are doing well!