Friday, November 14, 2008

San Antonio Here We Come

On Monday night Mark and I went to dinner with our friend Mark Volk (who goes to Law school with Mark) and Annie. They are so sweet, but we never get to hang out because they live in Dallas and us in Midlothian. So, Mark has a wonderful idea of moving to Dallas right after the baby is born, which isn't a bad idea (because we would be much closer to his work and job, and possibly closer to my internship), but I just don't want to move again! We will have to wait and see about that. Back to dinner, we were really glad we got ot see Mark and Annie and celebrate the baby with them. They were so sweet and brought our baby his/her first gift... a cross for the nursery.


On the way home from dinner, I felt really special because Mark followed me the whole way home (since I drove up to meet them for dinner in Dallas, we both had our cars). Usually Mark flies by me (because I drive teh speed limit) and then pretends that he has been home forever when I "finally" get there. This is now the second time in the last few days that Mark has done this, and I love it, because he shows that he cares, and trying to protect me (and the baby).

This weekend is going to be a big weekend. Mark is in the Moot Court competition on Saturday morning, and if they win on Monday at lunch. He is partnering with Mark Volk again. They did very well last time and won some award. Best of Luck to them both this weekend. Then, on Saturday after its over, we are going to travel to San Antonio for my marathon! I have been training for this marathon since May 1st, and I am completely confident that I can finish the race (since I've run 24 miles before). However, my doctor and Mark and not as enthusiatic about the marathon; in fact, they are not wanting me to do any of it. I have been debating what I would do for a while, and I have decided to run-really-slowly/walk the half marathon because there are just oo mnay risks to the baby (dehydrating, over-heating...). And, I'm not going to lie about mile 20 it gets pretty ugly. So, I am really sad about having to drop down, but I am excited running wearing my purple Team in training shirt and all the ribbons I have collected. I will make sure to take pictures and give na update when we get back Sunday.

2 comments:

The Moore Family said...

God Luck! Let us know how it goes!

Dave and Sarah said...

Good luck! Be careful and take it easy. My aunt is either running in that same marathon or working it. (She's a nurse). I can't remember which she told me. I just remember thinking that that was the same marathon you were going to run in. Please be careful!