Monday, November 17, 2008

Week 7


Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point. Our baby has something of a small tail, which is an extension of his/her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Our baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.

Our baby already has eyelids and some color in his/her eyes, I wonder what color eyes our baby will have, or I guess already has. And, both hemispheres of our baby's brain are growing. A loop in our baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body. It is surreal to think about this little life growing inside of me. His/Her heart is beating, brain is developing, and now has hand, feet, and even eyelids. We can't wait to see our baby and what he/she will look like; and, even more, we can't wait to find out the gender of our baby.

By now, I already have about 10 percent more blood than I did before I was pregnant, and by the end of my pregnancy, I will have 40 to 45 percent more blood running through my veins to meet the demands of a full-term baby. And, this is what must be sending me to the bathroom every hour on the hour!

My morning sickness is in full-swing. But, it really hasn't been that bad, I'm defiantly not complaining. I have not been able to eat anything sweet. And, I have really been wanting salty (yumm.. potato chips). And, I have been eating a lot of green apples and Sprite.

No comments: