Monday, January 19, 2009

4th Sonogram

We just got back from the doctor. We met the new doctor today and we really liked him. He is a much older guy, and has been or is the president of the obgyn board of Texas or something. It was kind of sweet, because I think I might have been his first sonogram. He has never done his own sonograms for his patients, but since the sonogram tech guy was there dropping off the new sonogram machine (the other one broke on Thursday) he was training him how to use it. We got better pictures last time because it was a high tech machine. But we were very happy to see the baby and see her jumping around like her wild self. The doctor actually told Mark to start building a cage; however, we don't think we are going to keep our child in a cage.

So, the report on the baby came back excellent. She was very active and had a very strong heartbeat. They also received my lab report from last weeks tests, and there weren't any big problems. A few things we off but nothing was to the point of needing inervention. He said that he is hoping I will start to feel better within the next week. He said that I have a low blood pressure and whenever I sit or stand in one position for a few minutes then when I move I have static hypertension or something. So, I should remember to wiggle my feet and legs while sitting or standing still and not to move anywhere too quickly. And, if I start to get dizzy I need to sit down so I don't passout out and hit my head or stomach. So, good news that it isn't anything big, but there is not quick cure, so it is a bit frustrating.

Also, I have been losng weight! I lost 7 lbs between the end of Novemeber and last week and then another 2 pounds since last Thursday. The doctors aren't worried or anything, but I need to try and eat as much and as heathy as I can. I am trying to increase my protein intake. And, I read that I should have a chocolate milkshake each day to add extra calcium and calories. I think I can handle this, I love chocolate milkshakes!

And, about the gender... the doctor didn't see any boy parts once again, but didn't want to say for sure. So we are still pretty sure its a girl. But, in two weeks we will go for a high tech sonogram and we are hoping they will confirm the sex then. Our daughter is quite modest by the way, although she is constntly kicking her feet around.

Here are some pictures from this sonogram. (You can enlarge the pictures if you click on them.)

No comments: