Sunday, January 18, 2009

Update

I apologize because I never posted a new baby bump picture for this week. I will post one tomorrow.

This week brought the beginning of school as well as some more complications. I went to school on Tuesday and Wednesday but didn't go on Thursday or Friday. On Wednesday night I went to Kinkos to get some things printed. I was standing for about 15 minutes or so and the guy behind the counter started asking me a question. At first I didn't say anything, because I started to feel really lightheaded and dizzy. So, I just said, "I'm sorry I can't think," and before I knew it I couldn't see anything which is when I said, "I'm not feeling well.... I can't see anything." The kinkos guy by this time was around the counter stading next to me and he grab me and put me in a nearby chair. Mark was outside on the phone so he went and got Mark. By the time Mark came back in, I was conscious and he was looking at me. I told him I wasn't feeling well, and noone had told him I passed out so he handed me the keys to the car. He told me to go sit in the car. I tried to get up rom the chair, looked at the keys, and handed them back to him, apprently. The kinkos guy said do you need help out, and then Mark realized something was wrong. Mark got me a smoothie from the smoothie shop next door and I sipped on it with some fresh air. I went to bed when I got home and kept eating, thinking that maybe I was just hungry or soemthing. Although, everytime I sat up or tried to get out of bed I would get really dizzy again. I ended up falling asleep. In the morning I felt a little better and was trying to get ready for class, but I ended up passing out. Mark told me I wasn't going anywhere.

I stayed in bed that morning and Mark and I tried to figure out what to do. We were worried that my body was trying to tell us something and we were afriad that the baby might be hurt if we dind't do something (this feeling was only hieghtened by the fact that I hadn't seen a doctor since my complications the week before). I called the new doctor and told them I wasn't feeling well and they said my doctor was out of town, so I said ok. Then, Mark called them and told them that I needed to see someone and he was either taking me to the hospital or to them. They told me to come in and I could see the doctor's partner. Mark made me pack a bag in case they put me in the hospital. The doctor's partner was really great. We heard the heartbeat of the baby on the doppler (the sonogram machine was broken and would be repalced that night), and he told me he was really glad I came in. He took several blood samples to run some tests. He also said he wasn't going to put me in the hospital right then, but if anything else happened he would have to. So he told me to "take it easy" ie. lay in bed. My test results will come back on Monday. We have an appointment for a sonogram and to see my doctor on Monday. Right now they think that it might be one of three things, my thyroid and thryoid medication is off, my anemia is acting up, or gestational diabetes (I have hypoglycemia which puts me at risk for gestational diabetes). As long as I get diagnosed and on medication, none of these things should hurt the baby or me, and I should start feeling better.

Since we are having another sonogram tomorrow we might be able to confirm the sex of the baby. So, tomorrow is a big day. I will post what we find out.

No comments: