Thursday, January 22, 2009

Week 16

In the next few weeks, our baby will double her weight and add inches to her length. Right now, she's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. Her legs are much more developed and her eyes have moved closer to the front of her head. Her ears are close to their final position, too. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, her heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop. This is probably while my blood pressure is so low and I am always dizzy.

Names
Here are some Names we are considering. The lists has had many changes. The top contender is Charlotte Leigh "Charlie" Charlotte is the feminine form of Charles which is a family name in Mark's family and the middle name of his father and grandfather and his brother's name. Leigh is the feminine form of Lee which is a family name in Beth's family and her mother's maiden name and her brother's name. Charlie as a nickname is the combination of the two names.

Other contenders are Bailey. Beth's grandma is Betty, Mom is Billie, and then Beth. So, Bailey would follow the B naming. We aren't sure about the middle name though. Then, Faith Elizabeth, Hannah Kate, and Katherine Grace "Kate."

Stretchy Pants
I bought a pair of maternity jeans this past week and I love them. I can't figure out why I didn't do it sooner. They are from Gap Maternity, and not only are the comfortable but cute! Here is a picture.


The Bump
I didn't realize I was getting so big. But, here I am...

No comments: