Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Week 15


Our growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for our baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds.

This week was a bit scary as I had some complications. They were minor, but it sure did scare us at first. I called the doctor first thing the next morning and they seemed really concerned but told me I should go to the ER if I wanted to see someone because they were booked. We were a little upset, but held off going to the ER. We had been already in the process of obtaining references for a new doctor in Dallas. We called the new doctor and have an appointment for Monday. We are really excited about meeting him, because he is suppose to be the best. As for the complications I was told to go on bed rest for a few days. So I "hibernated" for a few days. It was nice to relax but go old real quick.

I am constantly hungry but the funny thing is that I can't eat very much at one time. I will get so hungry and have hunger pains and a light-head and then I will go to each an orange and barely be able to eat it all. So I have resorted to eating small parts of meals and snacks about every hour. However, I am still growing, I don't know if there is a noticeable difference since last week but I will post a picture when I get home tonight.

No comments: