Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Back to School

I dreaded this day for the past week, I had become quite accustomed to lying around in bed until mid-morning and then getting up to watch tv and maybe accomplish a few small tasks around the house. Then, there was bed rest, a prescription to be lazy. Although it did get kind of old quickly, it was nice to get some much needed rest.

Last Thursday Mark started back to class. But, it wasn't as big of a deal because he had been working at least half-days all through the break. I think he is going to enjoy this semester, he seems interested in his classes. He has been working hard with his Moot Court team to prepare their brief. Most of his evenings and Saturday and Sunday afternoons are spent working and meeting for Moot Court.

I started class yesterday. I have 8 o'clocks Wednesday/Friday and Tuesday/Thursday this semester. Which means I have to wake up at 5:00 am at the latest to get to school on time. I have always been a morning person though, not that I like getting up early, but I am always more focused and alert in the mornings. And the best part is that I get out of class by noon on Tuesday/Thursdays and 2:30 on Wednesday/Fridays, factor in the drive time, and I will have plenty of room for a nap each day. :) Although, it has been hard for me to get back into the appropriate sleep schedule. Once, I get into a schedule it will be easier I am sure. I am in my last full semester at Truett, so my last four classes are left over requirements that I need to graduate. I am taking both Scriptures 1 and 2 and Text, Traditions 3, and a introduction to Missions class. This might be one of my hardest semesters yet because Scriptures and Text and Traditions are heavy reading classes.

I found out on Tuesday that I needed to get my application for CPE at Children's Hospital in ASAP. My information must have been old because I thought the deadline was in later in the Spring, but I found out that they started accepting applications in January. The placement coordinator called and found out for me exactly what I needed to do, and I spent all day yesterday putting together my application. It was a rather lengthy task that ended up being 18 pages. After all, I had to provide "a reasonable account of my life," and "an account of my personal and spiritual growth" among 6 other parts. Anyways, it is done. I took it to Kinko's and printed it on nice paper and FedExed it to the office.

This project almost interfered something that I had been looking forward to for months, the return of American Idol. January brings the beginning of classes and the beginning of new seasons for tv. Watching tv is not something I ever did much of growing up or in college because I was always so busy. With the move to Midlothian I discovered how relaxing watching tv could be. I have watched some shows on and off and there are very few that I actually follow. One show I do follow is Jon and Kate plus 8 on Monday nights. I got hooked on it one day when TLC was having a marathon and loved it. It is really fun to watch the children grow up, not to mention they are adorable. I also really like the tv show Life, although I don't know when it is coming back on, if at all. Mark and I follow the new episodes of House. My parents used to watch this show when I was around, but I never really got into it. I don't remember how, but somehow Mark and I got hooked on it, but we have only seen that last two seasons (none of the older seasons). And, finally, my first real show that I started following in season 6, American Idol. Then, last season I became a pretty devoted fan, nothing crazy though (When I say devoted I mena I DVRed it so I wouldn't miss any episodes). Mark even took me to the concert this August. I really am excited about the new season and what it has to bring.

No comments: