Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Week 17


Our baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Our baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

This week has been wonderful because I can feel the baby kick! I have thought I could before, but this week I actually think I have felt her. One morning she woke me up and I had to get up and walk around and wait it out. It doesn't hurt because she isn't strong enough yet. It has been really nice to feel her. It is always nice to have that reminder that there is a baby inside you and your not just getting fat! Also, I have been having some strong morning sickness this week, and it makes it a little easier to handle. And yes, I said morning sickness in my 4th month. My mom just told me that she was terribly sick her entire pregnancy. I heard that could happen, but just didn't think it would happen to me. So, it doesn't look hopeful that it will stop anytime soon. The good thing is that it comes and goes, so it isn't everyday.

I'm growing and growing. It might not seem that much to others, but everyday I feel bigger! I have been putting belly butter on my tummy so I won't get stretch marks, but I have read that it doesn't really matter. You get stretch marks if you are predisposed to them. I am still constantly hungry, but I really try to eat healthy. Except for my"daily" chocolate shake. I thought wow this is great, but I can only handle one every other or every third day. And, when I do have them I can't eat anything else. I love how people are still just finding out that I'm pregnant. It's so fun to tell people! And, I am big enough that people are finally asking me if I am pregnant.

(When Mark gets home I will post a picture)

We will go back to the doctor on Monday for another high-tech sonogram. So check back on Monday afternoon for sonogram pictures and hopefully a confirmation on the gender.

No comments: